Monday 7 November 2016

Bruce Trail Hike 7 - (15 km)


(173 km of 894 km)

After a longer hike the day before, we decided to only do 15 km.  This hike had a fun little section called Mount Nemo.  The rocks were challenging and there were some little caves to explore.  Unfortunately, I saw another person take a tumble.  She had a prosthetic leg.  I thought it was inspirational and impressive to see her on the mountain.  I asked her if she was okay and she said yes.





Unfortunately, this hike has 6 km of road.  It seems as though someone bought a lot of property and wouldn't allow hikers on it, so the trail had to be rerouted.



Just in case someone watching likes horses...



Mount Nemo made the walk on the road worth it, but this place was crawling with people.  I couldn't believe how crowded it was.  While it took away from some of the solitude, I was glad to see people getting into hiking, except for the smokers.  I wish the people who smoke on the trail would have stayed home.



Are we going to go explore the caves?  Of course we are!










Summit of Mount Nemo.



Here is our route.  The 15 km took us 4 hours and 16 minutes, mostly because of sight seeing at Mount Nemo.



Below is the actual Bruce Trail map.  My GPS (a free app on iPhone 6 called Runkeeper) was fairly accurate.








No comments:

Post a Comment